WELCOME TO WEECOOK
Welcome to WeeCOOK! We are a Scottish, family restaurant, cafe, takeaway, pie makers & pie caterers based at Barry Downs park near Carnoustie in Angus.
We aim to provide the best friendly service, and cook proper tasty fresh food for everyone.
Our food is a mix of modern Scottish cooking influenced by vibrant exciting dishes from some of our favourite places and foods from all over the world!
Join us for hearty breakfasts & chilled out brunch, exciting lunches, awesome evening meals, Scottish & local shellfish & seafood, plus our ever changing 'Secret weekend menu' of local, seasonal or themed special dishes!
Best of all...The WeeCOOK Kitchen is home to our award winning pies which are on our menus or can be purchased to take home!
Our inclusive, diverse team of incredible individuals including our Modern apprentices that make up our brilliant WeeCOOK Crew, look forward to welcoming you along!
WORLD SCOTCH PIE CHAMPIONSHIPS MACLEANS CUP WINNERS 2023!
On Tuesday 25th Jan, WeeCOOK we’re award the diamond awards for the best veggie pie and best hot savoury pies in the land with the Caponata Formaggio pie and the Fishwife pie! The Caponata pie was also awarded the Macleans cup trophy for the 2 year running with the Caponata Firmaggio Pie winning the award for best overall savoury pie in Scotland! Amazing!!
WEECOOK Wins REGIONAL BEST EATERY AT SCOTTISH thistle Awards!
OMG Yes! Wow! Amazing! Thank you all
..and thank you Visit Scotland! We look forward to the finals now on 9th Feb 2023! Wish us luck!
WEECOOK KITCHEN OPENING TIMES
WeeCOOK Kitchen is unlicensed we permit BYOB (Bring your own booze) of beer, wine or cider with no corkage for you to enjoy a drink with your meal only. Spirits and cocktails cans are subject to management approval only and a corkage fee applies.
Get proper fresh, tasty food, to takeaway. Check our exclusive online ordering offers. Breakfast boxes, pie meals, classics or street food specials! Drive Thru collection or local delivery
Work with WeeCOOK
28TH FEB WEECOOK RECRUITMENT OPEN EVENING
Come meet the team, grab a complimentary cuppa and join us for our interactive open evening at The WeeCOOK kitchen where you can learn more about WeeCOOK, the work we do and the various seasonal, part time, full time,
permanent and apprentice positions we are recruiting for.
Sessions will run through out the evening and include
1. An introduction and tour of our restaurant.
2. Interactive meet and greet with:
1. Kitchen Porters- test your peeling skills and check out the pots! Our KP’s are kings of the kitchen for good reason.
2. Chefs -.We cook proper fresh, tasty food. Our friendly chefs love food, baking and cooking. For team players with the skills, passion, and right attitude joining our kitchen squad could be the job for you! Be prepared to do a skills test -anything the head chef wants you to demonstrate if it’s a role in the kitchen you’re looking for!
3. Front of House & event crew: Genuine friendly and fun with bags of enthusiasm for the job they do. Which is the job of making people happy. Our front of house are awesome, they do events, festivals and farmers markets and our social media! Have a go turning tables, selling pies and making a barista brew and see if this is the job for you.
4. Baker & Pie maker: Chat with a former apprentice and National young pie maker of the year and have a go making a pie. We make quite a lot of them, many are award winning. We make, bake and take WeeCOOK Pies to farmers markets all over Scotland. So if you can crimp or have a passion for pies and selling them come have a go!
3. Quick 10 questions: For those of you interested in a position we’ll have a quick fire Q&A round. At the end you can ask us anything you like and leave us your contact details for us to consider with other applicants.
Full time, Part time and Seasonal positions available include :
*Assistant Hospitality & event manager
*Front of house & event crew
*Apprentice Hospitality Management
You can join us anytime from 5pm 8pm. Simply message or email us with your details and preferred time. Thanks WeeCOOK